Hutcheon Mearns are delighted to be partnered with a tech-enabled, fast-expanding accountancy practice firm, providing audit and accounting, tax, payroll and HR, outsourcing and advisory solutions globally from offices in Scotland, England and Ireland. We are directly engaged to assist in recruiting for the position of Virtual Finance Function Assistant Manager/Manager, to join their team in Aberdeen.
The VFF function covers a wide range of services from data entry, bank reconciliation and bill payments; to cash flow forecasting, tax compliance and strategic planning. This is a great opportunity to gain knowledge of different types of businesses and sectors.
Purpose of the role/key responsibilities:
- Calculating and booking technical Oil and Gas accounting entries
- Co-ordinating accounts, audit and compliance work
- Take ownership of client portfolio, develop relationships with clients to ensure satisfaction with services provided and identify opportunities to support clients
- Month-end reporting, including forecasting
- Day to day client management
- Attend client meetings when appropriate to develop and strengthen client relations and gain exposure to client interactions
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the services offered by the department and the wider firm, and identify areas where the firm could assist clients
Experience and skill set required for the role:
- ICAS/ACCA Qualified
- Previous Oil and Gas accounting experience is desirable
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills –both written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant software packages
- Problem-solving skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the relevant experience, looking for a new challenge to work within a fast-paced environment.