Hutcheon Mearns are partnering with a leading, internationally focuses oil and gas service provider recruit an experienced Tax professional into their Aberdeen based finance team. Our client is looking to recruit a qualified tax accountant into the role of Tax Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Tax and working closely with the German Finance team and UK Senior Tax Managers, the Tax Manager is responsible for providing advice, planning and compliance support as well as reviewing overseas operations of the Group. Focus will be on multiple jurisdictions but with a particular focus on German operations and branches
- Day-to-day responsibility for managing tax issues relating to the German Group and its branches; other territories as required
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with local finance managers, in particular with the German based finance team
- Review bids and provide tax input into contract pricing and contractual terms.
- Support the Senior Tax Managers and Head of Tax on M&A, transfer pricing and other projects
- Assist in managing tax audits, providing guidance to local teams and ensuring accurate and appropriate disclosure is made to the tax authorities
- Manage, maintain and report tax risks for allocated entities
- Review tax returns for allocated entities to ensure technical accuracy and consistency with Group policy(compliance is outsourced)
- Review annual tax packs and ensure these are accurate and reflected in the local / Group accounts
- Review tax payments
- Ensure that relevant intercompany agreements are in place to support transactions.
- Support other team members in areas such as year-end accounting, VAT
- Other ad hoc responsibilities as required
It would be advantageous if applicants have a working knowledge of German taxes and German language skills.
This is an exciting opportunity within a successfully organisation. Please note, this role can be undertaken remotely with adhoc travel requirements to the UK and Germany.