Hutcheon Mearns are supporting an upstream E&P operator to source a Tax Advisor on a 12 month contract basis. Working as part of a friendly, high performing team, this role would give the successful candidate the opportunity to add value and develop new skills.
- Provide advice on all UK tax matters.
- Work closely with other members of the Tax Department to develop, maintain and execute tax return and preparation processes for Corporate Income Tax, Petroleum Revenue Tax and other taxes.
- Working with other members of the Tax and Finance Department, responsibility for preparing quarterly tax accruals and related accounting treatment.
- Working with other members of the Tax and Finance Department, assist with the preparation of the annual and quarterly tax budget / forecast.
- Assist with providing tax advice in relation to ongoing commercial and business development activities.
- Assist with tax audits (internal/external).
- Participate in, and support, specialist Tax or wider Finance initiatives and projects.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with Bratani and Global business units, UK tax authorities, external advisors and joint venture partners.
To be considered for the role you will be qualified and have experience in Corporate Tax, ideally in E&P, however this is not essential.