Hutcheon Mearns are working with an Angus based client to add a new Senior Financial Accountant to the team. An established manufacturer with global reach the business continues to grow organically and by acquisitions. Finance is a key department providing accurate and timely information and business partnering.
Reporting to the Finance Director with responsibilities for a number of areas you will quickly develop skills in using the ERP system and financial processes. A key part of the role is to drive process improvements and system automation. The company is invested in the use of technology, data analytics and continuous improvement. This role will be highly visible to the senior management team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing stock ledgers and systems, developing standard costing systems, weekly production reporting, the creation of bill of materials.
- Overhead reviews and reporting, including variance analysis, against budgets and forecast.
- Overseeing the Accounts Receivable and credit risk management, credit insurance management, reconciling accounts and being the point of contact for customer queries.
- Responsible for preparing month-end analysis and reconciliations for key nominal ledger accounts.
- Involvement in the annual audit and statutory accounts preparation.
- Being the key point of contract for HMRC for all customs and excise activities.
An ideal role for a qualified accountant with industry experience looking to develop their career in a fast paced, high growth environment. Fully qualified ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA. A high level of attention to detail and interest in process and systems Having excellent IT skills, specifically in Excel.
The role offers an attractive salary and benefits. There is hybrid working, though candidate must be within reasonable travelling distance of the site.