Our client is an international energy services business with a track record of success and a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies. We are supporting them to source a Senior Finance Manager to support their Wells division.
This is an exciting and varied role which has a focus on budgeting and reporting. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of accurate financial results in line with reporting deadlines for group along with narrative to explain results.
- Project revenue and margin reconciliations to be maintained.
- Accurate, timely and complete billing for the Well engineering business unit.
- Responsible for reporting and reconciliations of sales and cost accruals.
- Provide support for Finance representation at BU and SL Risk Review Committee (RRC) and for any financial matters that require RRC consideration.
- Support the business unit leaders in understanding their results and explaining variations to budgets and reforecasting across the UK/UAE/SEA and Australia/New Zealand.
- Assist with the management of debtors.
Budgeting and reforecasting
- Responsible for the bottom-up preparation of budgets for the Wells Global business including preparation of reports and slides to analyse projected results, identify risks and summarise budget assumptions.
- Management and development of staff and processes.
- Maximise the efficiency of reporting and budgeting processes including reports used in Oracle FCCS and EPBCS, ensuring the cost of meeting the reporting requirements is minimised.
- Produce consolidated information as requested, coordinating submissions from all relevant entities.
- Ensure the correct accounting treatment for inter-company transactions.
- Review of integrity and robustness of monthly results, forecasts & budgets and cashflow.
- Ensure inter-company agreements in place for all inter-company trading.
- Provide technical accounting support to all in the Finance Department.
- Along with Group Finance, develop the functionality and reporting capability of Hyperion, FCCS and EPBCS to enable more efficient consolidation of information.
- Work with Group functions on complex issues as required (e.g., Tax losses and optimisation of deferred tax asset)
To be considered you must have the following experience:
- A recognised accountancy qualification
- Hands on experience of using ERP systems and good understanding of business processes
- Experience in industry is required with a preference for specific Drilling Company exposure.
- Experience of working in an international group
- Experience of reporting and budgeting
- Experience of change management