Hutcheon Mearns are supporting an upstream oil and gas operator to source a Senior Asset Accountant on a 12 month contract basis. A nine day fortnight and agile working is on offer, as is an excellent day rate.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
- Ensures compliance and delivery of all Joint Venture accounting activities in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures the delivery of an effective accounting and financial reporting service for the respective Asset area, in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for PRE (Person Responsible for Expenditure) management on Asset/Functional specific areas, including Forecast Tool review post LOCK.
- Review monthly accrual entries (including Prior Year releases).
- Review journals, including Self-to-Self entries for asset area.
- Review Project Service Journals prior to entry into Oracle.
- Ensures the timely and accurate preparation of monthly JV/Cost Share billings, monthly management reports, monthly/quarterly re- forecasts, partner reports and annual budgets. Includes preparation of variance commentaries.
- JV specific activities as applicable (e.g. Devenick RSA, Brent System Annual Actualisations & Monthly Recoveries Cormorant East Carry Statements & Offshore Purchase, CTIA).
- Review and control of Authorisation For Expenditures (AFEs).
- Review Key Account Reconciliations.
- Preparation/review of Tax Packs on a biannual basis.
- Ongoing maintenance of master data within the Oracle ERP system.
- JV Audit Support.
- Liaise with auditors on an as required basis.
- Timewriting review & challenge.
- Attend Op Com as Finance representative.
- Degree in accounting or related subject
- Experience of Joint Venture accounting practices working for an Oil and Gas Operator
- Knowledge of Oracle Accounting Database
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated/Meets deadlines
- Analytical, good attention to detail
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Good report-writing skills