Our client delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. They enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. With a friendly and flexible work culture, this organisation offers many career development and learning opportunities. An ever increasing proportion of their revenue comes carbon footprint and renewable activities and they have many new ventures in the pipeline, making this an exciting opportunity.
The purpose of this role is to deliver accurate internal and external financial reporting for African entities, meeting financial statutory requirements for all companies and being the key interface with the external auditors (including involvement in the transition to new auditors). You will provide financial information to management to facilitate business decision making, give support to others in the functions and also offer guidance on technical accounting matters.
- Providing expert technical advice and guidance with regards to application of IFRS / group accounting standards and HFM reporting, balancing the technically correct answer with commercial and business considerations, particular knowledge of IFRS and IFRS 16 preferred
- Assist with statutory accounts and audit process
- Resolve queries internally which may arise, make recommendations to the business as required
- Ensure the process is well planned and coordinated to enable maximum efficiency
- Ensure documentation is loaded into system to support transactions in ledger, testing transactions and training personnel as required, together with ensuring accuracy of the ledgers via analytical reviews
- Own and solve enquiries utilising standard practices and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance across the Region together with specific finance projects within given timeframes
- Monitor and ensure compliance with new and emerging accounting standards, providing guidance and training to the local teams
- Support uploading of monthly management reporting and forecasts in HFM, including review of validation errors and liaise with Corporate Accounting to address queries / resolve issues
- Proof of monthly foreign exchange movements and liaison with Corporate Treasury
- Ensure the integrity of the balance Sheet through preparation of and review of balance sheet reconciliations, including identifying and closing out discrepancies, together with implementing improvements
- Provide support for Tax Audits as and when required
- Undertake ad hoc projects as and when required, including overseeing task and ensuring completion
To be successful you will be a Qualified accountant (or QBE) with exposure to international operations.