Our client is an international oil services business with an outstanding track record of success. With a broad range of operations globally, this organisation offers fantastic career development opportunities.
This position is responsible for all Statutory reporting activities for UK entities and branches. This involves working closely with the wider finance team to ensure that the audit processes for UK legal entities are managed appropriately. This is a great first step for an Auditor looking for their first role in industry.
- Support the co-ordination and completion of the UK statutory audit process for each legal entity and act as a key focal point for the external auditors. Deal with all issues that arise during this process in order to meet the filing deadlines
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the legal entity statutory accounts, ensuring that there is supporting information held for all balances and disclosures reported, and that deadlines for returns are met
- Identifying and implementing improvements to increase the efficiency of the statutory reporting process
- Act as a focal point for the tax team with regards to Statutory accounts support
- Understanding of complex group structures in order to ensure correct reporting of all entities’ statutory accounts
Month End Reporting:
- Responsible for the review of monthly management reporting of several small UK legal entities, assisting the Compliance Assistant Accountant with completion of this
- Balance Sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Create a Central Compliance Hub that supports all compliance matters for relevant entities, including international branches
- Responsible for share scheme suspense accounting, including reconciliation of annual vesting
- Responsible for completion and filing of the ECITB annual return
- Responsible for completion and filing of Employment Intermediary Reporting
- Ad hoc accounting support to the business as required, including bid requests and technical accounting queries
- Responsible for completion and filing of the Construction Industry Scheme returns
- Work with other entities in the Group to ensure any new entities in the UK are fully compliant
- Work with Company Secretarial on related filings in company books
- Responsible for the completion of the Country by Country reporting to HMRC, working with the Group Tax Department
- Responsible for the completion of the Transfer Pricing reporting, working with the Group Tax Department
Management and development of staff:
- Management of Assistant Accountant ensuring efficient and productive use of their time
- Develop strong relationship with external auditors
- Mentoring junior members of staff
To be considered for this role you will be a newly qualified Accountant with up to 3 years PQE. Exceptional communication skills are essential in order to foster relationships internally as well as dealing with the auditors.
This is the ideal role for someone who has External Audit experience in practice or someone who qualified in practice and then went on to gain industry experience.