My client delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. They enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. With a friendly and flexible work culture, this organisation offers many career development and learning opportunities. An ever increasing proportion of their revenue comes carbon footprint and renewable activities and they have many new ventures in the pipeline, making this an exciting opportunity.
Hutcheon Mearns are supporting this business to source two Senior Accountants, initially on a contract basis, however due to the nature and scope of the business, there may well be longer term opportunities.
The purpose of the role is to deliver accurate internal and external financial reporting for UK entities and meet financial statutory requirements for all companies, acting as a key interface with the external auditors. Furthermore, you will provide financial information to management to facilitate business decision making.
- Assist with statutory accounts and audit process for the UK legal entities.
- Resolve queries internally which may arise, make recommendations to the business as required
- Ensure the process is well planned and coordinated to enable maximum efficiency
- Be a main point of contact and interface with external auditors
- Own the uploading of monthly management reporting and forecasts from SAP to HFM, including liaising with the Corporate Accounting team to address queries/resolve issues
- Support and liaise with the in-country accounting functions of overseas Joint Ventures/Branches and ensure correctly consolidated into UK statutory financial statements
- Provide expert technical advice & guidance with regards to application of IFRS / group accounting standards and HFM reporting, balancing the technically correct answer with commercial and business considerations (Particular knowledge of IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 would be useful but not essential)
- Monitor and ensure compliance with new and emerging accounting standards, providing guidance and training to the wider business
- Preparation/approval of balance sheet reconciliations, including responsibility to close out any identified discrepancies
- Assist with the preparation of impairment indicators and subsequent analysis including investment impairment models Seek opportunities for standardisation and harmonisation within the Finance function
This is an exciting opportunity to develop new skills and advance your career. A qualification is preferred but certainly not essential, depending upon experience.