Hutcheon Mearns are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Administrator to join the finance team of an established manufacturer. Repotting to the Financial Controller duties will include:
- Processing and approval of accounts payable documents.
- Matching documents to purchase orders.
- Creating supplier payments to ensure payment terms are met.
- Month-end purchase ledger accruals.
- Monthly review of aged creditors, reconciling invoices, payments, and credit notes
- Accounting for duty on imports including the reconciliation to HMRC statements.
- Processing sundry payments to the nominal ledger.
- Preparing, reviewing, and sending remittance advices.
- Processing of staff expenses.
- Resolving ledger queries
Candidates will ideally have previous experience in purchase ledger, but full training in the company systems and processes will be given to candidates who demonstrate the ability to work with accuracy, attention to detail and to deadlines. Good interpersonal skills to deal professionally with suppliers requesting /enquiring after payment. Strong IT skills including MS Office, especially Excel
An attractive salary and benefits are offered including hybrid working.