Hutcheon Mearns is working with a highly reputable firm of accountants to add to their team in Dundee. The firm strives to provide a high quality, client focused, service and is currently in need of a part-qualified accountant to help strengthen their team.
As their part-qualified accountant, you will have their help to develop your technical skills and experience, with appropriate training provided where necessary. With this role, you will work alongside senior staff, managers and partners to provide the technical expertise that their clients expect.
Key responsibilities of the role will predominantly include accounts preparation for clients including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies as well as basic tax compliance work. Under supervision, you will work towards becoming a controller for a portfolio of clients. As your experience grows, invariably your exposure to different types of work and clients will increase as will your level of responsibility.
You will be involved in the preparation of statutory accounts, tax compliance, communication with the wider team to ensure client’s needs are met, preparation and monitoring of budgets/WIP as well as developing and maintaining relationships with clients. You will assist more senior staff and Managers in the training and development of more junior members of the team.
To qualify for this role you must have:
- AAT qualification or part qualified ACCA (or equivalent)
- At least 6 National 5 grades (or equivalent) at grade B or above
- Higher English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Experience using Microsoft Office and good overall IT skills
- Exposure to accounts packages
- Experience of accounts preparation and basic tax compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively
- Good attitude to continued learning
- At least two years general practice experience
- Experience using CCH and Caseware
- Driving licence (and access to a vehicle)
This is the ideal opportunity for a part-qualified accountant who wants to gain more experience in a practice environment.