Hutcheon Mearns is working with a highly reputable firm of accountants to add to their team in Dundee. The firm strives to provide a high quality, client focused, service and are looking to strengthen their team by recruiting a Newly Qualified Accountant to their Dundee and Glenrothes offices.
In this role you will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients as a ‘controller’, working with Managers/Partners in servicing that portfolio and marketing firm services to clients and prospective clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with services to clients (including planning, overseeing, and reviewing services provided i.e. accountancy, tax, business advisory work)
- Communicating with the engagement Partner/Manager and ‘team’ involved to ensure they are fully briefed on current assignments
- Delegating services to the ‘team’ involved ensuring client’s needs are met
- Where a need exists, encouraging existing clients to make full use of the firm’s services
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Preparing and monitoring budgets/WIP and prepare/aid collection of fees
- Maintaining full awareness of the firm’s internal systems and services
- Involvement in marketing activities
- Assisting the Partners and Managers in attracting new clients to the firm
- Attending networking events on behalf of the firm
- Developing and maintaining relationships with intermediaries/potential clients
- Assisting Managers and playing an active role within the technical team – motivating, training and developing staff as well as taking part in discussions regarding work-in-progress, deadlines and priorities, and technical issues arising etc.
To quality for this role, you must be:
- ACCA/CA qualified.
- Newly Qualified or have up to 2 years post qualified accountancy experience, gained in general practice
- Technically competent in accountancy and tax compliance, with business advisory skills
- Technically competent and experienced in Audit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client service skills and committed to excellent client care
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Technically competent in tax planning
- Driving licence (and access to a vehicle)
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant looking to gain experience in a practice role.