Hutcheon Mearns are delighted to be supporting on of Dundee’s major cultural organisations to recruit a part time ( 22.5 hrs pw ) Head of Finance on a one-year contract, commencing in mid May 2022. Responsible for all aspects of finance management as a member of the management team reporting to the CEO. Ensuring services are well managed, efficient, and effective and good financial governance is in place. Supported by the Finance & Payroll Officer and HR Officer covering day-to-day processing. This is a challenging and interesting role for someone who is happy to get involved in the detail of the organisation while fulfilling the Head of Finance positions. Duties will include:
- Managing a small Finance & HR team
- Production of Monthly Management Accounts
- Liaising with Heads of Departments
- Maintaining monthly Budget discussions with Departments
- Supporting the Budget planning process for 2023/24 Financial Year
- Contributing and assisting with the end of year Audit process
- Reporting to the Board
- Completion of financial information for primary funders as required
Candidates will be considered who are:
- Fully qualified CA/ACCA/CIMA, or with relevant experience
- Have proven ability in leading a team in the production of quality financial information.
- Experienced in preparing financial statements under Charities SORP, FRS 102.
- Able to prepare and present monthly management accounts.
- Have advanced Excel Skills.
It would be an advantage to have
- Knowledge of the cultural exemption for VAT purposes (partial exemption).
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 Payroll.