Hutcheon Mearns are supporting an exciting, fast growth technology scale up company to recruit an experienced finance professional into the newly created position of Head of Finance.
Working closely with the CEO and Finance Director, the successful candidate will have the autonomy to shape the finance function in order to meet the growth expectations of the business. This is a unique opportunity to improve processes, procedures and make a significant impact. Within a hybrid working arrangement, split between a desirable city centre location and on a remote basis, the new Head of Finance will be responsible for the following:
- Oversight and management of the finance team; consisting of a Management Accountant, two Assistant Accountants and two Finance Assistants
- Work with key stakeholders to define a finance strategy, amend existing and implement new procedures to ensure the department runs effectively and efficiently
- Implement monthly management accounting process
- Manage financial close process
- Ensure statutory obligations are met; implement effective financial controls
- Implement reporting process, provide ad-hoc reporting for executives and investors
- Working with multiple international entities (UK, Sweden, Armenia, Croatia, Greece, US and Canada), streamline intercompany and payroll processes
- Support M&A and funding round activity
- Review current usage of ERP systems
This represents an exciting opportunity to work within a high growth, innovative and fast paced environment. This opportunity suits a qualified accountant with experience operating in a senior finance position within an owner managed business. Experience as a contractor / consultant or within a technology based business would be advantageous.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please submit your CV in application