Hutcheon Mearns are delighted to supporting a leading Plc to recruit a qualified Accountant into the role of Group Planning Analyst. Based within our clients Edinburgh Headquarters, the successful individual will work closely with the Senior Group Accountant and will have exposure to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Deliver management information including; budgets, forecasts, and other decision support information
- Monitor group liquidity under multiple scenarios and recommend remedial actions
- Provide financial modelling support for any capital raising activity (both debt and equity)
- Provide support for any subsequent debt facility compliance. Consulting with external advisors (bankers, accountants) as required
- Responsibility for the preparation of financial forecasts for projects such as acquisitions, disposals, farm-ins and farm-outs and their integration into Group forecasts to support Board and funding decisions and processes
- Support and challenge internal stakeholders to quality control any financial information being provided, ensuring adherence to Group policies and procedures
- Assist the Senior Group Accountant (Financial Planning, Control and Analysis) in the planning and co-ordination of the Annual Budget process
- Be responsible for the preparation of the budget templates used to consolidate the asset, project and department/office budgets
- Produce summary schedules for inclusion in the presentations and papers for the Executive Committee and Board
- Update and maintain the Group Forecast Model(s) in Excel (current + 5 years forward) for different scenarios as required for monthly reporting, budgeting / quarterly forecasting, corporate cashflow submission to lenders and ad-hoc requirements including transactions and working capital reports
This opportunity suits a qualified accountant, coming form a Big 4 Professional services firm with experience within an audit or transaction services position. The successful candidate will have an inquisitive and challenging mind with strong Excel and modelling skills.
This represents an excellent opportunity to join an established Plc during a period of growth. To be considered, please submit your CV in confidence.