Hutcheon Mearns are supporting this major financial services organisation to add to the Fund Accounting department based in Glasgow. There are a several opportunities including Fund Accountant, Senior Fund Accounting and Assistant Manager. These are ideal roles for candidates from part to fully qualified and experienced CA/ACCA/ CIMA. While fund accounting experience would be desirable, these would also be great opportunities for candidates looking to make the move into financial services.
The department has a number of different functions for a range of fund types including UK Open ended Investment Companies, Property investment funds, Unit Trusts and life and pension funds. The fund accounting team is responsible for end-to-end accounting and reporting processes for an allocated portfolio of clients, providing accounting solutions for independent valuation, investor transparency and regulatory compliance.
Duties will include
- Daily Net Asset Value calculations (NAV’s)
- Yield calculations
- Management service charge calculations
- Monthly trusts / control pack
- Portfolio turnover calculations
- Completion of internal management information
- Managing responses to clients, auditors, trustees, custodians
- Ensuring issues are escalated to Senior Fund Accountants and Assistant manager
- Regular accounting duties P&L analysis, daily cash projections, client’s contributions & redemptions
- Preparation of year-end Financial Statements for auditors
- Enhancing efficiency through improved processes and implementing changes
Senior Fund Accountants will undertake similar duties with the additional responsibilities to manage a number of Fund Accountants, mentoring and developing the team.
Candidates will be part or fully qualified CA/ACCA/CIMA, with strong financial and technical accounting skills gained within financial services, a top accounting firm or a large corporate. Previous experience of fund accounting is desirable, but not essential. Candidates keen to move into this sector will be considered and given excellent support to gain fund accounting knowledge. Strong communication skills are essential in this team environment.
An attractive salary and benefits are offered including hybrid working, bonus, non-contributory pension and generous health and dental cover. Real opportunities for career progression.