Hutcheon Mearns are thrilled to be supporting a “Big Four” firm to source a Energy International Tax Senior to join their international tax services team. This role involves working with some of the largest corporations in the world, advising them on their domestic corporate tax planning, UK corporate tax compliance, tax provisioning, international tax planning and M&A deals.
The combination of experience and innovation in their team makes it not only one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and develop into a skilled and renowned international tax adviser. Their international tax professionals work on a variety of projects which are focused on helping clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy, including:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- Legal structure rationalisation
- Operating model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Optimisation of intellectual property ownership and reliefs
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS, and
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Additionally, they also help clients deal with domestic tax issues including:
- Advising on complex domestic legislation including sectorial specific legislation for upstream operators, offshore contractors and shipping companies;
- Advising on the tax aspects of some of the firms most complex audits;
- Completion of UK tax returns;
- Optimisation of the tax function including reviews of tax controls and process for SAO and CCO; and
- Liaising with HMRC on client / sector issues
- You’ll manage the successful delivery of international tax services engagements, committing to taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence.
- Committed to building and maintaining relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Spot opportunities and involve colleagues to help us continuously develop commercial proposition to clients.
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients and engagements.
- Develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
To qualify for this role you must have:
- You’ll have one of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Background in corporate tax with some demonstrable advisory experience is desirable, however a CA or equivalent with a strong commitment to undertake CTA or ADIT would be considered
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work, as well as meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Experience of managing a team and/or coaching and developing more junior team members
This is the ideal opportunity for and enthusiastic team player to join a team recognized for being leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A and to further their career.