Hutcheon Mearns are delighted to be supporting this “Big Four” firm to source a Corporate Tax Manager to join their Global Compliance Reporting team in Glasgow. Their global compliance and reporting professionals help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, advisory, strategy and controversy. The Global Compliance Reporting team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
They are looking for an experience, enthusiastic Manager to help their Corporate GCR team in their Glasgow office.
As Manager, you will play a major role in delivering tax compliance and advisory work but will also be involved in a diverse mix of other work across their network. A significant part of the role focuses on supporting the partner group with building out the practice, building strong client relationships within the current and target client base. Working in practice means that the job is, by nature, different every day and they want someone who is actively looking for his challenge. An agile approach to working with different projects and people is, therefore, essential.
To qualify for this role you must have:
- ACA / ACCA / CA /CTA / law or equivalent qualification, or a breadth of knowledge as an equivalent
- Experience in a tax environment
- A thorough understanding of UK corporation tax issues
- Experience of working in a compliance and reporting environment, either within practice or industry
- An enthusiastic attitude and flexible work approach
- A focus on quality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with current and potential clients
- Project management experience
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- A commitment to deliver results
- A desire to take on responsibility
- The ability to motivate a team
- Manage, mentor and train junior staff and work with people from across the business
- Team player
- Ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
This is the ideal opportunity for a qualified, experienced individual looking to further their career by joining a global team.