Hutcheon Mearns are pleased to be recruiting this opportunity within a newly established Corporate Development function. The group is successful and already capturing strong organic growth. This is an exciting time to be part the team that will advise on, and execute, M&A, investments, and strategic alliances.
Candidates will be CA, ACA or ACCA qualified with post qualification Corporate Finance experience. Having a background in practice and / or industry, you will be experienced in executing merger and acquisitions and other in-organic growth strategies.
Being at the inception of this department the role will be varied, you will:
- Maintain a list of acquisition and alliance opportunities making associated recommendations
- Maintain and develop financial models to establish target company valuations
- Recommend optimal deal structures including securing necessary third-party financing
- Monitor the success of direct and indirect minority investments, recommending strategies for growth
- Be the focal point for early-stage acquisition integration
- Develop and measure progress associated with in-organic growth strategy
To be successful candidates must demonstrate the skills and experience needed for the role.
- Think strategically while also ensuring attention to detail for due diligence and precision execution of work.
- Balance risk and return considering the impact of different scenarios
- Communicate well, building trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake modelling of the financial impact of different deals and deal structures
- Present in person and written reports on current investment performance and future opportunities to the Executive Team or Board
A unique opportunity to join the in-house team of a Group that operates on a worldwide basis. A competitive salary and benefits including bonus is offered. Based in the head office there is hybrid working available, though candidates should be within a reasonable travelling distance of Dundee.