Hutcheon Mearns are thrilled to be supporting a “Big Four” firm to source an Audit Manager to join their Aberdeen team. The firm has a mixed portfolio, from SMEs to some of the largest listed companies in Scotland. They continue to drive innovation in the audit profession by heavily utilising data analytics on their engagements and are known as leaders in the field for this. The global firm has a central focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and run several initiatives to support and promote those within.
- Leading fieldwork, managing team performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Successfully manage teams
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) -preferably first time passes
- Experience leading on Assurance engagements in a Manager role or equivalent
- Significant Audit experience in sectors such as Energy
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working in a team/project management
- Ideally, you’ll also have experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS.
This is the ideal opportunity for a driven individual with experience in audit, to challenge themselves by joining a larger firm to gain new experience on larger clients.