Our client is a high growth, PE backed E&P company with an exciting strategy going forward. Offering exceptional career development opportunities and a friendly team environment, this company represents an employer of choice.
Working as part of the Asset Accounting team this role is varied and diverse, providing day to day support for all JV asset financial matters.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
Accounting & Statutory Reporting
• Support the Lead Asset Accountant with monthly accounting for asset matters per the month end timetable, including volumes reporting, revenue, OPEX, DD&A, Capex, and over/under lift bookings
• Prepare and issue joint venture billings, ensuring compliance with joint operating agreements
• Participate in year-end statutory audit by providing information as required
Business Performance & Planning
• Monthly reporting of actuals for all assets including volumes, income statement and capex (asset margins)
• Attend and participate in operator committee meetings and FinComs on behalf of company
• Provide support for joint venture audits as operator and participate on behalf of company for non-operated assets
• Ensure compliance with the AFE process including maintenance of AFE register and ensuring adherence to delegation of authority
• Provide other business support as required including satisfying all JOA finance requirements
• Provide assistance for all transition matters in relation to asset acquisitions including integration of asset into all reporting and handover of data from seller
Systems & Controls
• Balance sheet reconciliations for all assigned balances per the matrix
• Promote strong financial control environment by adhering to all policies and procedures
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience in JV Accounting in an E&P company. They will be motivated and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.