Hutcheon Mearns are recruiting an experienced Accounting Manager for a major employer in the oil and gas sector. Based at the site in Arbroath.
This is a key role that requires an experienced candidate with working knowledge of all aspects of general accounting. It will have responsibility for overseeing the activities of the Arbroath and two remote sites. Supporting the general ledger, and related business systems up to production of financial statements.
Managing a small team, duties will include:
- Preparation, review, and ensuring accuracy of finance and accounting activities
- Undertaking financial close activities, reviewing, and updating business practices
- Performing internal control self-assessments
- Preparing forecasts and annual business plans, business analysis
- Preparation of Management Accounts, regular and ad hoc reports.
- Assisting strategic business decision making, providing relevant financial data, and reporting
- Advising management on key financial issues, financial performance, or financial processes.
Candidates will ideally be fully qualified CA/ACCA/CIMA or with proven experience in a similar role. Strong communication skills to work with colleagues at all levels in the wider business. Experience and advanced knowledge of business applications, the company uses SAP & Hyperion.
An attractive salary and large company benefits are offered